Error message here!

Hide Error message here!

Forgot your password?

Error message here!

Error message here!

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.

Error message here!

Back to log-in

A Visit to Eden Labs

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!1  What a fun time in Seattle!  Not only were we able to visit a first class grow and formulation operation, but got a world class tour of Eden Labs while we were there.

Set up by Patrick, whom we met at one of our BHO classes, with the master's touch provided by Fritz, the original founder.

Hee, hee, hee, got to see their latest creation, as well as their original test sled, which they continue to use for internal projects, in addition to some R&D brain farts awaiting time to finish.

The device receiving finishing touches, was equipped to extract with either SCFE CO2 or liquid gases like butane and propane, and included one of Fritz's latest epiphanies to simplify loading and unloading.  He has replaced the 12 bolt circle flange closure, with a spin on closure, using a tapered fit, that would redirect the blast from a blown o-ring, so that it wasn't a hazard.  I'm guessing that he will apply for patent, if he hasn't already, because it is so slick.

A purdy all stainless thang, professionally laid out and appointed, using pneumatic intensifiers for both solvent recovery, and for pressurizing the SCFE system.

Heating and cooling is via water jacket, the temperature of which is controlled by a commercial heater/chiller.

Always a pleasure and mind expanding to see how the pros do it, cause they always seem to take my own simple mind  new places!

About The Author

Profile photo of skunkpharmresearch

This is the head cheese's account

Related posts

0 Comments

1. adam

Hi I'm interested in attending a class on extracts I'm wondering if I'm eligible as a Canadian or if there's a thought of a video conference to educate a further span of people in this industry thanks for reading hope for a reply back thanks again

2. Eddie Kirk

Oct 3rd 2014, Portland OR/ Be sure and watch this website (specialized formulations) for upcoming classes if you're unable to attend this one. http://www.specializedformulations.com/index.php?/store/category/5-tutorials/ Learn extractions using the terpenator Mark111a with specialized formulations.

1. Eddie Kirk

No medical card necessary Oct 3rd 2014, Portland OR/ Be sure and watch this website (specialized formulations) for upcoming classes if you’re unable to attend this one. http://www.specializedformulations.com/index.php?/store/category/5-tutorials/ Learn extractions using the terpenator Mark111a with specialized formulations.

Reply       Edit
  3. dying to learn

i am in new york and i want to come to your facility and take classes for 5 days (or more, if possible). what is the class schedule for fall 2014? i understand there may be restrictions on out-of-state residents, but if you can accomodate i would be MOST grateful (and will surely pay it forward, of course!). *sorry for the duplicate posts*

4. Bill Miller

Hey Skunk Pharm, just recently ordered the big machine, 20L at 1,500psi from Apekssupercritical that carried a $109,000+ price tag and will be set up in Spokane, WA upon receipt. Do you ever make it over to the other side of the state? We can run 12 pounds per batch per day and kick out up to 3lbs of extract per day. Would love to have you over if you'd like to see a high-end/high-volume machine in action.

5. Karen Collins

I would like to make more oil for my mother, who has Lewy Body dementia, I made some in May, soaking the bud in alcohol for about 5 minutes and mashing it, and did a 2nd wash as well. I boiled this down in my rice cooker. I was happy enough with the process, and the oil as well, but thought you might have some advice in case there is something else I should be doing. I was told recently to soak the bud overnight in alcohol, covered of course. Any thoughts? Thanks very much for your time.

6. Tom

Any chance to get on wait list for this sat bho course and next months glycerine course? If not can I get pre reg for first bho and alch classes of next year? Give thanks

7. SPPETE13

HI JD! As usual, thank you for Changing my LIFE! I'm doing good things!!! Can I sign up me and 2 guests for this Friday oct 11th Class? The people Im bringing have a mobile chromatography machine and refer people to your site regularly!

8. Joe Winn

I'm hoping there are still tickets available, my phone number is 5037293247 and I'm available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.. Thank you for your time.

9. JOHN DIETRICH

BEEN IN MEDICAL FIELD FOR LAST 30 YEARS AND I AM INTERESTED IN CO2 EXTRACTIONS. I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND ONE OF YOUR CLASSES BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE SOME MACHINES FOR MY NEW VENTURE OR CONSULT WITH YOU. I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN PRODUCING THE HIGHEST QUALITY CONCENTRATES AND YOU SEEM TO KNOW THIS AREA BETTER THAN ANYONE THAT I TALKED TO. I BEEN INVOLVED IN A PRODUCT CALLED TOMI.COM THAT I FOUNDED IN THE GOLF BUSINESS AND LAZERS IN PLASTIC SURGERY. HOPE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU SOON AND HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY. THANKS JOHN

10. Father Earth

sign me up ! :) Hey GW whats with the Tube Ads? Got bills to pay? Ill click it a few more times if so....watched it thinking I was going to see a Eden labs tour ;(

11. Hamilton Foro

Also, the tapered flange connection is nothing new. It has been in the petroleum industry for a long time. All of the high pressure connections are taken straight from other industries. I don't see him getting a new patent on old technology!

12. George Regis

Sounds like a great trip JD...Always good to take the mind new places! Ha ha.. Eden labs is innovative and has some great products. Regards, ~George Regis

13. Dragon Mack

That is awesome GW. I have been reviewing there website for awhile. Very interested in SFE-CO2. They have beautiful machines. Still pretty pricey. Looking forward to the day when there is more information being shared regarding the ideal extraction parameters to achieve different results with this process. There are very few CO2 extractions in my area that I have been able to try. None of them came close to the flavor that I have experienced in BHO extractions, but I imagine that will come as they refine the process in this area. Have the best results for cannabis extractions come using supercritical, or subcritical CO2? I remember reading information in a couple places saying that better results of flavor and smell tend to come from subcritical. Curious if you have heard any more regarding this. Looking forward to seeing how the mind expanding visit sparks ideas regarding the "Affordable DIYco2 extraction" project. Keep up the great work at Skunk Pharm Research, and as always thank you for sharing.

1. skunkpharmresearch

Yeah, their machines are gorgeous to an fellow designer, and the one we were looking at was around $60K, plus bells and whistles. We discussed the possibility of smaller lab units in the future and I saw an interesting cold finger CO2 R&D unit, but Fritz complained of the same thing I suffer from, and that is too many projects and too little time, so I don't have any ideas about schedule. I've gotten reports of elaborate processes ranging to 9500 psi, but as near as I can tell, 3500 psi and under is the most common operating range. I've heard as low as 800 psi, and Fritz passed on the insight that chlorophyll pickup increases with pressure and lower pressure extractions do a better job of extracting the lighter floral terpenes.

14. ron

Can't wait to see what your "simple" mind comes up with, are these the people who helped write the Washington State MJ law pertaining to butane utilization?

15. Daniel

I live in socal and was planning on taking a trip to oregon next month and was hoping to take your bho extraction class and I was wondering if there was anything I needed to bring so make sure to have it

1. Daniel

I was reading on your page it said you needed a MMOP to test the medicine..i have my MMIP card for california and is that acceptable to where id be able to try what is done in class and take it home or am i onlu gonna be to do the extraction proccess??

1. Frank

I think he meant was there a lack of interest in courses out here on the East, or was it a one time thing being that your out West.

1. Eddie Kirk