With all of our other projects going on, we haven’t resumed presenting our locally popular Skunk Pharm Research extraction classes yet this year, but did present one as guest speakers at NGF in Portland, on the last Saturday in March.
We volunteered our time pro bono, but were paid for our actual out of pocket expenses for extraction materials used, and cut off attendance at 15 patients. 13 ticket holders actually showed up and one left shortly after we started, complaining that it was too cold and that the exhaust fan was too noisy.
We provided a general overview of BHO, Hexane, QWET, QWISO extraction, reviewed the equipment and processes, and demonstrated a QWET extraction and reduction to oil in class, as well as winterizing non polar extractions to remove the waxes.
Due to the nature of the facilities, we were unable to do our normal BHO extraction, but provided the students with taste samples of BHO Absolute and the QWET we produced in class, for comparison. We also provided them with Holy Anointing Oil Topical, and Holy Shit sublingual samples to try at home later.
The class went relatively smoothly and we got good audience participation. We got some good feedback on how to do better next time and will do our best to incorporate it.
Here are the cut and pasted comments as supplied by NGF after the class:
1) What did you enjoy the most? 4 said everything, detailed Scientifics, chemistry, various ways of extraction very diverse, how informative and how much material was covered, how knowledgeable the presenters are
2) How could we have done better? maybe more handouts about each step, clearer presentation, not sure pretty good, seriously ??, more room, show step by step bho vs rso
3) will you be using skunk pharm? yes 6, most likely, I’ll check it out for sure
4) Did we answer all of your questions? 8 said yes
5) any comments? keep up the good work and stay safe, thank you, good job, very nice, thank you for the education and for your time, too long too cold, fan too noisy
More information when our new class schedule is complete!